Wills, probate, conveyancing and commercial property in Brailes

We have a small team of non-family lawyers based at our Brailes office. This is led by Andrew Hardcastle and it includes George Brooks. Andrew’s area of expertise is commercial property and George is experienced in probate and writing wills. Having them here at our family law office makes it easy for our Warwickshire and Cotswolds clients to access a wider range of legal services.

Cotswold Family Law has been part of Hancocks since they acquired it in May 2015. Then, on 1 June 2017, Hancocks acquired Brooks Law, a wills and probate, family law, conveyancing and civil litigation practice. George Brooks became part of the Hancocks team based in Brailes after the Shipston-on-Stour office of Brooks Law closed. You can read more about this in our news section.

Wills, Probate, Lasting Powers of Attorney and Conveyancing in Brailes

Our work on wills and probate includes trusts and Inheritance Tax planning. Our older clients also benefit from working with Toni Peppard. She is based at Hancock’s office in Banbury but she travels to Brailes whenever needed. She is an accredited Solicitor for the Elderly and her elderly client practice includes Lasting Powers of Attorney and “Living Wills” (Advance Decisions and Statements), Deputyships and Court of Protection/Office of the Public Guardian work.

The Banbury and Bicester teams are also on hand to help Brailes clients with conveyancing, including residential sales and purchases, and re-mortgages, equity release schemes, lease extensions and declarations of trust. It can be very helpful for clients to explore all these options when they are dividing their assets as part of the divorce process.

Hancocks offers the following services:

Wills and Probate


Elderly client


Interestingly, Hancocks has a long-standing connection with Shipston. Until 1985, it was the Banbury office of Shipston-on-Stour firm F B Hancock & Co. which was founded in the 19th Century.

If you would like to find out more about any of our services, you can send us an email or submit an online form.